How do I apply?
The first step is to read through the application packet which you can view online here or download from this website. If you still have specific questions after reading the information provided there, please email us with your particular concern.

What school programs qualify for CHC training hours?
We are sometimes asked what programs will be suitable for our prerequisites for homeopathic education. The CHC does not evaluate training programs; we certify homeopaths. However, it is probably best to combine educational opportunities from a variety of sources to experience the richness of homeopathic training that is available today. We suggest a combination of formal school programs and seminars. For information on schools, look in the Training section of the National Center for Homeopathy website: www.nationalcenterforhomeopathy.org.

Do I have to have all of my clinical training completed, including the 10 supervised cases, in order to apply to take the exam?
No.  You only have to have 500 hours of homeopathic training, and the Anatomy and Physiology and Pathology courses completed in order to take the exam.  You will need to have all of the clinical training completed (250 clinical training hours and 10 supervised cases) in order to submit your 5 chronic cases for review.

I am looking for a supervisor, does he/she have to be certified to be acceptable?
Yes.  All supervisors must be certified by the CHC, the HANP, or the DHANP, and be in good standing in order to qualify.  Even if you are enrolled in a school program, it is your responsibility to make sure the person who is doing your supervision is certified.

Can I take the CHC certification exam if I live outside of North America?
No. At this time we only offer the certification exam for those in North American countries and the islands surrounding it. These countries are within the domain of the North American Society of Homeopaths, an organization of professional homeopaths that requires successful completion of the CHC exam for registered membership.

I am looking for a teaching or clinical position as a homeopath. Can the CHC help me find one or refer me to someone who can?
No. The CHC does not have any information about work situations for homeopaths.

I am interested in coming to the U.S. or Canada to practice. Can the CHC help me with immigration questions or visa questions? Will having CHC certification entitle me to work in the US legally?
No. The CHC does not have any information about immigration or visas, and the CHC certification does not grant any licensure or right to work in the US or Canada. The certification is a credential attesting to homeopathic competence, and is separate from any legal requirements regarding work and licensure.

If I was certified this year, do I need to send in the renewal/re-certification information at the end of the year?
Yes.  If you were certified this year, you will still need to sign and return the re-certification documents and pay the fee.  You do not, however, have to have continuing education documentation for the year in which you were certified.