Prerequisites

The prerequisites to apply for the examination include the following 5 requirements.

  1. Residency: The CHC requires that the applicant is currently a resident of the USA or Canada.
  2. Classical Homeopath: The CHC certifies practitioners who use classical homeopathy, which includes a broad range of practice and case analysis styles currently used in North America. Practitioners who use polypharmacy, sequential therapy, or remedy selection through use of mechanical devices, such as Voll machines or applied kinesiology, will not be eligible to apply for CHC certification. The CHC does not judge the efficacy of these other approaches, and does not certify them.
  3. Basic Homeopathic Education: The CHC requires a minimum of 500 hours of homeopathic training in order for applicants to qualify to take the exam. This can come from a single school or from a variety of different programs. There is no specific content or numbers of hours allocated to be devoted to any given subject. Distance learning is accepted for up to 90% of this training, but the remaining 10% must be onsite education.
  4. Medical Education: The CHC requires completion of an Anatomy and Physiology course taken at an accredited college, or as part of a homeopathic school program, with a minimum of 3 -5 credits or a minimum of 33 hours of lecture time. A minimum of 40 classroom hours of training in Pathology and Disease is also required. (All A and P and P and D courses need to be recognized by the CHC. Accredited college courses in A and P are accepted as are recognized correspondence programs. All P and D programs need prior acceptance by the CHC.)
  5. Clinical Education (Before the supervised cases are submitted but not necessary for the initial exam process): There are 250 required and documented hours of clinical observation/ analysis plus an additional 10 formally supervised cases. If more than 10 supervised cases have been taken, each extra case is given 10 hours of credit for the initial case and 2 hours of credit for each follow up. Supervision work done through Homeopathic Symposium and Virtual Clinic are given 5 hours of credit per chronic case. Extra supervised cases can be substituted for equal numbers of observation/analysis hours.
The observation hours should come from a formal clinical situation e.g. school clinics or observation of practitioners.

The 10 cases should include the intake and 2 follow up appointments, which are supervised by a qualified practitioner. (A qualified practitioner is either a CHC certified homeopath or a person who has been accepted by the CHC. Please contact the CHC if you choose to use a non-certified practitioner with details of his/her training/experience.) Evidence of this requirement is needed from the supervisor/school. (The school or supervisor needs to send a statement to confirm that the stated supervision has taken place.)
These cases are not required to be turned into the CHC, only evidence of supervision. These cases are not acceptable to be used as the applicant’s five submitted cases. The five submitted cases need to be independently taken without supervision.

This Clinical Education prerequisite is required prior to submission of the applicant’s 5 cases, which happens once the examination has been passed. This is not required to be submitted in order to take the initial exam process.


FOR A DETAILED BREAKDOWN OF THESE REQUIREMENTS PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE CERTIFICATION PROCESS OVERVIEW.